Thursday, May 19, 2011

2.25 miles in 22:47

connect.garmin.com/activity/86646510

i knew i wanted to hit it hard today so i could build some strength and then recover tomorrow before my race on saturday. my plan: run quarter mile repeats at whatever pace my body could take.

i started out at the city park and ran my first quarter mile north toward the high school. i flew along hitting a max pace of 4:29/mile. i walked part of the way back and then ran a little until it was time for the second quarter mile. on my second quarter mile i hit 4:25/mile for a short time. i walked and then jogged back for my third. on my third i only got up to 4:36/mile pace toward the end of it. i was dying. i walked all the way back before starting my fourth repeat. during my fourth quater mile, i hit 4:33/mile. i turned around and walked all the way back before my fifth and final quarter. i ran it all out and hit 4:29/mile pace just before finishing out. i stopped my watch, bent over and somehow kept my cookies from spilling on the ground. when i'd recovered a bit, i walked back home and showered.

max heart rate:

quarter 1: 186
quarter 2: 179
quarter 3: 187
quarter 4: 184
quarter 5: 181

No comments: