Thursday, January 21, 2010

mission accomplished

it was about 12 degrees cooler at noon than the weather man had predicted for today, so i was out on my bike with temps in the 30s again. the ride out was slow. i was pushing as hard as my frozen, fur-laden legs could push and i could only muster a 14.6mph average.

the ride back was much more fun. i was quickly up to 20mph and stayed at or above that for the majority of the return journey. i got my average back up to 17mph by ride's end. good enough for a cold day ride. (by the way, i figured out the average temp for my rides so far this year. it's all the way up to 37.25 degrees.)

the major accomplishment of the day was reaching my goal for the month. i have now ridden as far (plus a mile) as i did in the first four months of 2009. my mileage for 2010 at the end of this ride was 436.12. last year at the end of april i had 435.95 miles. 2010 is going to be a better year. now if i can just catch eric! (21.80 miles @ 17.0mph)

No comments: