Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the 2nd go round

i had to get out again today. the siren call of the beginning of my second journey around the earth was loud. i suited up quickly and raced down the road. i smiled as i passed my roadside "graffiti" and rode on.

when i reached my planned turn around, i stopped and reset everything for one final attempt at the fastest five-mile time trial for the MAYday MAYhem challenge. i didn't think i'd have much chance, but i had to try. the wind fought me at times and the route i was one was a bit hillier than i would've liked. i finished in just over 14 minutes. not enough to improve my standings. i concede the race. congrats to brian m who appears to be the man in yellow on this one.

i cruised the final mile and rolled into my driveway sweating like a pig and as happy as ever - except for the wasp sting i suffered near the finish of my five-mile attempt. the second go round - tinyurl.com/2ndgoround - has begun.

No comments: