Monday, May 24, 2010

while children sleep

i love this time of year. my wife, a school teacher, is off work and sleeps in. my children are out of school and sleep in. i wake up at my normal time to the sound of birds singing instead of an annoying alarm clock. the temps in the morning are moderate - 69 today. the wind is fairly calm. life is good.

i'm really happy with my ride this morning. i was able to push hard straight into a slight headwind. i climbed tracy hill without too much trouble. i had time to turn east on highway 44, one of my favorite roads and hammer out an extra six miles there. (highway 44 has rolling hills everywhere!)

coming back was a blast. i was over 20mph most of the way. the wind was just strong enough to give an extra boost over every incline. awesome!

my only complaint was with my cateye cyclometer. it did some funky stuff while i was bombing down tracy hill. nothing new, just stupid. grrrr. cateye. (21.88 miles @ 16.7mph)

No comments: