Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Created to do good...

“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Ephesians 2:10

It blows me away every time I read those words. Before I was born, God knew the good I would do. Before I said yes to his call to be saved, he knew the service for which he would equip me. Then he saved me. He shaped me. He called me. He equipped me. He sent me.

The same is true for you. Your purpose is to do good works. That’s why God saved you. Before he saved you he had works in mind for you to do! You are doing them.

Sometimes people think they have to do the big thing or the dramatic thing to be doing what God wants them to do. They get discouraged. They believe they’re of no value to kingdom. That’s crazy!

So many read about the exploits of Paul and Barnabas and Peter and all and compare their lives with these men’s lives. What about all the other members of the church who kept things going when the apostles weren’t around? What about all the others who quietly served? They were doing God’s will too! They were as valuable to the church as any of the men the Bible names.

You are as valuable as any other saint. I urge you to do the little things God gives you to do each day! Speak a kind word to your neighbor when you both find yourself at the curb moving your sprinklers. Choose to forgive the person whose past actions toward you hurt so much. Pray when the news saddens you. Take advantage of the opportunities to teach your kids God’s ways when they pop up unexpectedly.

You are God’s workmanship. He created to you to do good! Go do it!

-Sign up for my regular email list by sending a blank email to knowthetruth-join@freegroups.net.

No comments: