Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5.01 miles in 40:27

connect.garmin.com/activity/176071054

it was cold again today! woohoo! i love running when the temperature dips. it was 46 at 5:00 with not a breath of wind. perfect!

i started running with no plan beyond running five or six miles to test out my new zensah compression shorts. they are nice!

i didn't feel especially fast this morning, but when i looked at my splits and my overall pace, i see that i was a little faster than normal. if it hadn't been for mile four, i would've had a beautiful set of negative splits - 8:19, 8:02, 8:01, 8:05, 7:55. that mile had less uphill running than the fifth. what's up with that?!

i only need another 12 miles to be halfway to my goal mileage for the year. i have the sneaking suspicion that i'm going to blow that goal out of the water training for my 100-miler.

No comments: