Monday, May 14, 2012

Playing in the dirt...

When I left the house this morning, I had time enough to run six or seven miles without having to push too hard. I ran at a moderate pace to the west edge of town, turned the corner on First Street and headed out on the dirt. I hadn't run on this road for long while. It was fun to feel the squish of sand under my feet as I ran down the hill, then up. I remembered there were dogs at the top of the hill. I tried to slip past them, but they heard my soft footfalls and barked a bit. Thankfully, their pens held and I didn't have to do wind sprints.

I turned south on West River Road and ran across the railroad tracks and Highway 54 to Fifth. I took Fifth into town and all the way across to Rochester which I took north to Third.

I ran east on Third behind the hospital, greeting a walker as I ran past. We both thought it felt weird that there was no wind this morning. Turning north on Howard, I ran back across the highway and on to home. (garmin data)

2 comments:

RRHS Math said...

Dogs adding a little adventure to our runs! Love it!

RRHS Math said...

Nothing like some dogs adding a touch of adventure to your run, eh?