Thursday, August 23, 2012

Missed it by that much...

I really enjoyed running the brick streets the other day, so I decided to try it again. This time my goal was to run all of them. I walked to the corner of School and Curtis, then started running with my first step on the bricks.

I ran south down Curtis, turned around and ran back north. Turning west on School, I ran all the way to Main and then doubled back to go down Ninnescah, taking every side street as an out and back along the way.

When I got to the highway, I ran across quickly getting about 20 of my 105 not-on-brick steps. I ran a block south, ran east on Second, then north on Oak. When I got to the highway, doubled back down Oak and started doing the side streets like I had on Ninnescah earlier.

I finished off Oak and ran over to Ninnescah. I started back up north and then somehow got mixed up and completely spaced off finishing off the rest of the street. I didn't discover this until I uploaded my Garmin info. Grrrr! Now I'm going to have to go back out and do it right some other time.

I did Main Street south and ran across the concrete to 10th, adding a few more steps off of the bricks. I ran over to Jackson and did some double blocks on the way to Fifth. From Fifth I ran up to Third, did some out and backs to the east and made my way back to Fifth which I took west to take in all the bricks that way. I took the jog over to Third on Iowa and then ran back down Third to Jackson and finished up that side of Main Street before crossing the highway again.

The last part of the run was running over and back to Main from Jackson and then running down Main and over to Ninnescah. I took it back north to School and ran back to where I started. I hit stop as my foot flew over the edge of the bricks.

I walked back home to cool down, then got some breakfast, readied myself for the day and headed off to work. (garmin data)

No comments: