Monday, August 20, 2012

Tour de parcs...

I took off this morning not really caring where I went. I just wanted to run. I ran up Belmont, skipped over to Glenarm, took Holly over to Hampton Park and did a lap around the walking path there. While I was circling the playground, I hatched a plan to run the sidewalks in the parks. That meant running down to Sixth Street Park and Lemon Park after Hampton. Running on sidewalks through trees in the dark isn't the best idea. It's hard to figure out where the turns are.

About halfway through Lemon Park's mile loop, I came up with another plan: run through our around all the parks in town. There are lots of them. I left Lemon and ran up to Fifth Street missed Centennial Park by an block and circled back around to get it before running up to Zerger Park. I ran along the highway for a block or two then ran back down to Second Street and took it over to Westhoff Park. I think that was the name of it. It was dark and it doesn't show up on Google maps. From there I ran a block too far once again and had to circle back to run up Mound past May Dennis Park with it's 27-hole disc golf course. It's called Rock Island Park on Google Maps, but I saw the sign that said May Dennis.

I ran back over to Main and ran down to Green which I took east to Champa Street Park. From there it was just a hop, skip and a jump back home. (garmin data)

No comments: