Thursday, August 30, 2012

Two rights make a left...

You know the saying: Two wrongs don't make a right. Today I found out that two rights make a left. I started running with no route in mind and in less than a block came up with a crazy plan - make two right turns and then a left and see where I get.

I thought I would get into some crazy endless loops since there are so many streets that go for more than a block without a break, but I didn't. Every time I thought I was going to get into one there was a street I had forgotten about. Well, except for that one. I did cheat and make two lefts to avoid an endless loop once. Later in the run, I was getting tired of running in the same general area, so I threw in a few random extra left turns here and there.

I really wanted to run a half marathon, but decided I'd better not try that on a school morning. I quit at 10 miles instead. I'm really happy with my speed on this run. Quite a change from yesterday when I couldn't even hold ten-minute pace. (garmin data)

No comments: