Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cold is better than boredom...

Ugh! I hate running on a treadmill. I wasn't going to do it, but when I stepped outside the cold wind made me change my mind. I hooked up the torture device, popped in a movie and resigned myself to a couple hours of drudgery. I ran for 15 minutes and couldn't take it any longer. "I'm going out of my mind!" I screamed. I ran the rest of the way to two miles and hit stop. I would rather freeze to death than die of boredom!

It was cold outside, but moving around the streets near my house beat running nowhere on the treadmill. After a lap or two, I stopped for a bathroom break, then went right back out and ran another six or seven laps. I was staying close to home in case I needed to warm up, but I was okay the whole time.

I didn't encounter very many cars and only three people and a dog this morning. The dog owner, my friend Brandon, wished me luck on my 100-miler. His dog ignored me. (8.07 miles + 2 warm up, no garmin data)

No comments: