Tuesday, April 27, 2010

flying flatlanders

monday: the wind was in my favor on this one. i rode hard and only lost power a little towards the end. i could've recorded a better time, i think, if my stupid cateye strada computer had been working properly on the other mile i wanted to make as my entry for today. grrr. (1.00 mile @ 24.5mph)

tuesday: my cateye was working today, so i got to ride my 'flying flatlanders' mile where i wanted to. improved my speed by 4 seconds. perhaps tomorrow or the next day when it's supposed to be really windy again i'll best this time. (1.00 mile @ 25.2mph)

wednesday: made two attempts at a faster "flying flatlander" mile this morning.

the first attempt started at 90th street south and went to 80th. i just wanted to see what i could do on a section that was a little bit uphill. didn't have the best of starts, but managed a 2'26. not bad, but not good enough to move me up in the standings. (1.00mph @ 24.7mph)

i cruised the next couple of miles, recovering and then at 60th street south, i stopped to ride my second 'flying flatlander' mile. the winds had not yet reached their top speeds for the day, but they were extremely helpful. i pushed hard over the mile to 50th street and stopped the clock at 2'08, almost 20 seconds faster than my first best attempt. (1.00 mile @ 28.1mph)

the wind is supposed to reach 32mph this afternoon, so if i can talk someone into taking me out to that same mile around 4:00 this afternoon, i may get it under 2'00. we'll see.

No comments: