Saturday, April 24, 2010

it wasn't all bad

heeding thumper's mom's good advice - "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" - i'm not going to complain. instead i'm posting my top ten "good things about about today's ride" for you.

10. only six of the nine dogs who barked at me also gave chase. two of them were in a kennel and unable to attack.
9. the wind only picked up speed and force after i had ridden long enough to be tired and sore.
8. my back pain was only an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being a femur fracture and 9 being childbirth.
7. my bike computer only quit working four or five times. it could have quit six or seven times.
6. no one was with me to witness my crazed mutterings as i rode along the highway's shoulder.
5. the pickup truck that appeared to be playing chicken with me turned out to be a friend who stopped for a chat.
4. it was 47 degrees when i left the house, just cold enough to make my fingers numb without permanent damage.
3. the two drops that hit my leg turned out to be sweat dripping off my brow rather than a torrential downpour.
2. close to the end of the ride i figured out how my wife and i can have five days away in june without the kids.
1. it had an end.

see. i can be positive. it wasn't all bad. (26.14 miles @ 15.3mph)

No comments: