Thursday, January 20, 2011

1.50 miles in 12:00

i was out in the elements last night while the freezing rain was falling. my feet were slipping and sliding all over the place. it was scary. if my duties hadn't required me to be out, i'd have been content to stay in.

the ice was still on the ground under a light dusting of snow this morning. i don't do ice like this with or without snow, so i had to workout indoors this morning.

i descended into the dungeon and flipped the switch on the dreadmill. i poked a few buttons and the self-inflicted torture began.

i set the incline to 2% and then started out with a 4 minute warm up at 6.5mph and then pushed my pace up to 7.8mph. i ran at that pace for a minute and then pushed it up to 8.2mph for another minute. after that minute, i dropped back to 7.5mph for a minute.

the rest of my time was spent increasing and decreasing my speed as the suffering increased. i eventually hit 9mph for a minute before starting to back down.

at the very end, as i was trying my best to cool down, i started feeling really nasty. i hit the stop and hurried to the bathroom. i thought i was going to lose it in the house, but after a short time everything equalized and the nastiness passed.

i went back and shut everything down. i'd had enough for the day.

No comments: