Friday, January 21, 2011

2.55 miles in 22:27

this morning, i enjoyed another run with Andrew K. he showed up at my place a little after 5:00 and we hit the road running. with my back injury, i was glad andrew wasn't in the mood to push it at first. we ran at a decent pace, but nothing extraordinary. this gave my muscles time to warm up and adjust so that pain didn't become an issue.

later in the run, we started picking things up as we talked about andrew's improved stride and turn over rate. he's come a long way in the past three weeks. we ran past my place and continued on to our "finish line" in front of the grade school. i stopped the clock there at 19:02, a new PR for the two of us on that route. (we probably ran it faster on wednesday, but without an exact time on my stopwatch, this is more official.) our first time together we did this loop in 20:32.

after talking with andrew a bit as we walked to his house, i turned around and ran back to the house, adding another .43 miles to my total for the morning. i would have run more, but i really wanted to get in some bike time this morning. the weather has put me way behind where i need to be to reach my cycling goal this year. i'm not worried about it too much, but it's bugging me.

No comments: