Friday, January 21, 2011

cooooold!

i felt colder on my bike this morning than i've felt on a ride in a long time. there was something about the 20 degree air and the moderate winds that made it bitter. even beneath my shoe covers and bar mitts my toes and fingers were frozen. this winter seems to be worse than any i remember since moving here nearly 13 years ago.

i didn't have time for the 20 or more mile i would have liked to have ridden, but at least i got 16 in. the ice and snow have kept me off two wheels so much this year that i'm beginning to be a little concerned about my lack of mileage. i'm pretty sure that my year's goal isn't out the window yet, but i'm going to have to put in some serious distances in the future to catch up.

not much to say about the ride itself. the wind and cold kept my speed down. the dark made it impossible to judge my pace. can't wait till the days start getting noticably shorter. i love riding with the sun up. (16.00 miles @ 14.6mph)

No comments: