Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1.59 miles in 14.41

connect.garmin.com/activity/65073261

i almost didn't run this morning. my back hurt and i didn't want to aggravate things. i decided to try it and see what would happen. it took me almost 20 minutes to pull my socks and tights on. adding layers to the top took half that time.

i stepped outside at 5:10 to see if i could see my running partner. i looked north. no Andrew K. i looked west. no Andrew K. i walked down to the corner and back. no Andrew K.

it was 5:15. i decided to leave without my friend. i punched the start button on my brand new garmin 305 and took my first cautious steps. the pain was there, but it wasn't as bad as i imagined it would be. i ran slowly, making sure i kept my feet beneath me.

i ran up to Andrew's house. no lights! i kept running, peeking occasionally just because i could, at my current pace.

i hit one mile and didn't hear my alert. i'll have to figure that out. i kept going. i was feeling a bit nauseous, but i pushed through it. i made the legs of my scotty dog and continued on toward the finish line. at the end, i took an early turn and gave scotty a big nose. i hope he's okay with that. can't do anything about it now anyway.

i poked the stop button at the corner of pine and vine and, since i didn't want to get stiff, continued walking to cool down. i walked up to allen and back and then came in out of the cold.

i spent the next 20 minutes or so trying to figure out how to get the right drivers installed so i could connect my garmin and upload my data to garmin connect. i finally restarted the computer and everything worked like a charm. i didn't use my heartrate monitor today because i wasn't thinking clearly enough to remember i even had one. tomorrow, maybe.

my back survived. i am alive. the zero is zapped. God is good. i am thankful.

No comments: