Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crazy schedules...

I looked at my calendar this morning and nearly screamed! There's something happening almost every night and my weekends are jam packed. Just this week I have two high school basketball nights (one at home the other over 100 miles away), a junior high basketball night (60 miles to this one) and a Bible quiz bowl (over 150 miles away) in Chandler, Oklahoma.

I know I'm not alone. My friend Shane tweeted this just minutes ago: "Crazy looking week ahead. Dear Lord, help me to remember to give it all to you."

Great prayer! Fits really well with the words I read this morning in Matthew.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt 6:33-34)

I'm giving God the rest of this day and the rest of my week. How about you? Will you seek God and let him take care of your crazy schedule?

To receive my once or twice weekly message via email, send a blank email to
webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages are available at freegroups.net/groups/webmessage.

1 comment:

shaneray said...

let God have your first and best and all the other stuff will fit in there too.