Thursday, July 19, 2012

A little dirt...

I should sleep more...really I should. I woke up at 4:30 this morning after a later than usual night playing games with friends. I stayed in bed for a little while, then got up and headed out the door.

My first goal for the morning was to finish off the small southeast part of town that I hadn't run yet this week. That didn't take long. It was only a three or four block section. After I did that, I ran out and around Wal-Mart and on a whim decided to take in a little of the countryside. I ran out and around the dirt "block" nearest to town and then turned into the industrial park north of the college.

I ran south, cut across a small field and entered the back side of the college campus. I ran around some buildings I'd never explored before and came out over by the ball diamond. From there I took the main campus drive around to the hotels and ran south along the access road. Jumping off the access road in the Holiday Inn parking lot, I ran cross country to the truck stop.

Running across Highway 61, I took the shoulder on the other side and ran back north to Younie's Landscaping. It was great to see new pavement on 61. This bit of repaving was long overdue!

From Younie's I took the road past the cemetery and ran south on Stout. Toward the end of Stout I got a cheery, "Good morning!" from Sharon. She's great to be around! When I got to Highway 54, I jogged over a block and took Lawrence back up the Maple. Over another block and I ran back toward home.

My original plan was to run 10.25 miles, but I was feeling good when I hit the distance. I wanted to keep going, so I did. I ran this way and that until I hit 11 miles close to home. I stopped the clock and walked a short cool down. (garmin data)

No comments: