Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The far side of town...

I woke up to my blaring alarm at 5:20. Ugh! I rolled out of bed, stopped the BEEP, BEEP, BEEP and headed for the back side of the house. I dressed quickly, checked in on dailymile, posted my dailymission answer, then headed out the door around 5:40.

I hadn't yet run the far southwest side of town yet this week, so I headed that way. I ran down to Highway 54 and took it across town till the sidewalk ran out. From there I zigged and zagged until I found myself at Ridgeway. That's when my pattern of north-then-south-then-north-then-south began.

It was interesting to run this side of town since I don't usually visit it. I ran in unfamiliar territory, waving at unfamiliar dogs. Thankfully they were all lazy or on a chain.

When I got to Jackson, I spotted a man out enjoying a cup of coffee outside what I thought was a business. I was pretty thirsty, so I asked if I could have a drink of water. He acted kind of strange, but agreed. When I stepped into the "lobby" of this "business", I discovered why he had hesitated. I was a stranger and this was his HOUSE! I was a little embarrassed, but thankful for the drink. I tipped my cup back, drained it, then continued on my way with a "Thank you. Have a nice day."

The rest of the run was pretty dull. I started feeling a little queasy at some point, but it never developed into full-fledged nausea. I ran back home and stopped my Garmin at just under 1:39. With today's 10+ I'm a little over half way to my 60-mile goal for the week. (garmin data)

No comments: