Saturday, July 7, 2012

Post-14er shake out...

I slept in a bit this morning after summitting two 14ers yesterday. When I finally got out of bed, I went out for a run. I ran a mile with my wife to warm up. It was her first time out since spraining her ankle several weeks ago. We ran on the trail so the surface was softer for her. She did great, covering the mile with only a short walk break or two in less than twelve minutes.

I walked her back to the house, then headed out on my own. I ran back to the trail and headed west. I wanted to run down to the intersection we'd driven through several times over the past few days. I wasn't sure how far away it was, but I knew it would give me a decent workout with the hill on it.

I lost my Garmin to dead battery before I'd even gone a mile, so I just ran by feel. I wasn't in a big hurry, but I kept a steady rhythm. I covered the out and back in just over an hour. With the time running with my wife, I figured it was close to an hour and a quarter. That means I average for "my" portion of the run was around 9:09.

No comments: