Monday, July 16, 2012

Zigzagging across town...

I decided it was time to get serious about training for my 100-miler on November 9, so I went for another longer run this morning. I didn't get up nearly early enough to do this really. By the time I was done it was almost too hot to be out. Ugh!

I started off running south, not knowing exactly what I was going to do. When I turned onto Howard, I decided I would run as far south as I could, go over a block and run as far north as I could, then over and block and south, etc, etc, etc. It was a crazy plan, but it was something to go on.

It took a very long time to get as far across town as I did zigging this way then zagging the other. I saw one friend out three or four times. She was walking her dog and I'm sure wondering about me. I was very thankful a little later to see another friend outside. I begged a glass of water, drank two, then thanking my "savior" ran on. I got home just after my wife who had also gone out for a morning run. (garmin data)

No comments: