Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A beautiful ride with a beautiful woman...

My wife wanted to show me her finally-organized-like-she-likes-it classroom, so we got up at 6:00 and rode out to the school. While I was airing up my tires, she took off in a catch-me-if-you-can way. I caught her, but it took longer than I expected it to. I think she was pushing to stay away longer. On Main Street it happened again. A friend pulled up at an intersection and I stopped to talk. She kept going. I had to chase her down again. Then a stupid little dog started following us. He followed us for quite awhile since we weren't going very fast uphill. I finally had to turn and lead the dog away from my wife, then sprint away to lose him. The funniest part of that was watching him almost run straight into a chain link fence at full speed. He was concentrating on me and didn't see it. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! That done, I was chasing that beautiful woman again. I caught her at the bridge less than a mile from the school.

The trip back home was less eventful. We had a slight tailwind, so it was pretty easy going. We made it back in time to get the kids up and get them moving for our road trip today. They get up pretty easy when it means cousin time! My wife's average speed was 9.9. That's the fastest she's made the to school and back trek. Woohoo!

No comments: