Monday, July 23, 2012

Belated birthday ride...

I didn't have time (or energy) to ride on my birthday yesterday, so when I woke up at 4:15 I decided it was better late than never and got up.  Getting ready to cycle takes so much longer than getting ready to run. Still I was dressed and on the road shortly after my feet hit the floor.

I rode for the first hour plus in the dark, reading my Garmin every mile when the light came on. I was averaging 18.8mph at one point, but that didn't last. As I rode further, the average dropped until at my turn around I was down to 17.9mph.

The wind, which according to the WeatherBug was out of the SSE, did not help me much on the way home. I stayed at 17.9mph for what seemed like forever. Finally I jumped up to 18.0mph only to lose it again a few miles later. It was only in the last two or three miles that I got it back up to 18.0mph and kept it there.

I guess that's all for now. I rode 46 miles, one for each of my blessed years out of the womb! (garmin data)

No comments: