Thursday, December 2, 2010

God is near...

Before we get too far beyond Thanksgiving Day, let me share with you some thoughts on giving thanks to God for who he is and what he does for his children.

In Deuteronomy 4:7, we find these words: “What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him?” (NIV)

Think about that last phrase for a second: “the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him.” Every time you are facing a difficulty and cry out to God, he is near. Every time something goes right and you shout your praise to God, he’s near. Every time you’re concerned about a friend’s physical or spiritual well-being, if you talk to God about it, he’s near.

How many times has God been near you this week?

God was near me as I rode my bike and thought about people I knew who were in need of his help. He was near me when I was writing this message. He was near me when I started getting sleepy on my drive to Wichita this morning.

In what circumstances did you pray to God over the past seven days? He was near you every time you spoke to him. Not once did he distance himself from you as you cried out in distress. He leaned in to hear your heart’s desires as you poured them out before his throne.

Aren’t you glad God is near you whenever you pray to him? If you are, present your requests to him with thanksgiving and receive his peace that passes all understanding. It’s yours to have if you’ll trust the God who is near with your every need and heartache and joy.

To receive my once or twice weekly message via email, send a blank email to
webmessage-subscribe@associate.com. Past messages are available at freegroups.net/groups/webmessage.

No comments: