Monday, December 20, 2010

yippee! it's 4:00am!

there aren't many people in the world who wake up at 4:00 in the morning and shout, "yippee!" i'm one of the few. i had a good rest day sunday, so i was raring to go today. my legs weren't sore from my 70-miler any more, so i felt great.

the wind turned out to be a bit stronger than i expected once i got out on the road around 4:30. it was in my face for over an hour as i pedaled out to the 15-mile mark. i wanted to get in at least 30 miles today. not sure why, but that's what i wanted to do. i made it out and started back. the tailwind was awesome. i relaxed a bit and enjoyed the break for a few miles.

i got back to town earlier than i expected, so i turned around and rode back out to the top of mock hill and back to add another six plus miles. ending up with almost 37 miles made me smile. i'm not racing my friend Adil G. again this week, but if i was, i'd be pleased with my position. i'm only five miles behind. (36.76 miles @ 14.6mph)

No comments: