Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2.07 miles in 15'12"

i started walking my wife to work, but it was too cold to walk that slow. she had a warm jacket on. i did not. two blocks from the school i said, "it's too cold. i'm running."

i took off at a brisk pace. my feet were flying along. i turned south at the first block and sort of circled back by the house. from there, i pushed the pace as i looped around the north side of town.

i don't know what to say. i felt good! really good! not once did i feel nauseous or faint. i kept my cadence high and did my best to hit the ground mid-foot. i knew this one was special. everything was right!

i sped past the school and pushed it on in to home. i stopped my watch at pine and vine. when i saw 15'12", i was a bit giddy. that was only a little over my normal time for the loop without the extra. i walked for a bit to cool down, then came inside to see what kind of damage i'd done.

i mapped my route, plugged in my time and smiled really big! 7'20" per mile over two miles. one of my best runs ever! i ran 1.12 miles at 7'02" once and 1.85 miles at 7'08", but never had i covered two this fast. i hope i can run like this for 10K sunday. that would show the skinny kid!

from past experience, i knew that this loop is 1.8 miles without the little extra i did to get back to the house.

No comments: