Friday, October 1, 2010

a ride on the nippy side

had to wear gloves again today. it was a bit nippy and my ears were feeling it by the time i was done. thankfully there wasn't any wind to make 47 degrees feel colder. i'm not sure i'm ready for that yet.

i forgot to have someone cover for me this morning from 6:00 to 8:30 so i could get a few extra miles in, so i was stuck with the having to get back to the house by 6:00 for my ems shift. since i woke up at 4:30, i was able to get in a few more miles than i had expected when i went to bed last night, but still not enough to bring my week's total mileage up to 100 miles. this is the first week in ages that i haven't hit that mark and i won't be riding tomorrow.

i rode out to the conway springs road and back then up to 30th street north and back to get in my 18.59 miles. i kept it at a nice easy spin so my legs wouldn't be shot for tomorrow's run with ryan k and marshall b. i found out another friend is running with us too. donnie h is a nut! he'll keep things interesting. can't wait! (18.59 miles @ 15.0mph)

No comments: