Thursday, October 21, 2010

saving my running legs

for so long i was only a cyclist. all my miles were on a bike. if i ran, it was from my office to home for something and maybe back. (it's only .04 miles one way!) so this morning as i took it easy on the bike again it just seemed so wrong. i was holding back on my cycling effort today so that i can be fresh for a run on saturday. weird! my dear cycling friends, please ridicule me and shame me back into riding hard. i need some anger to push me.

so what can i report. it was cold out. 50 degrees with an 86% relative humidity will go right through you, especially if there's a little breeze to push that chilled air along. not sure what i'm going to do when it really gets cold. bundle up even more i suppose.

no roadside critters to report today. very few cars on the road. no one buzzed me and only one honked to say hi. the moon was cool. it's almost full and on the way back toward town it was dropping toward the horizon. pretty awesome sight! looked amazing through my amber lenses.

now to check to see if i'm ahead of kris r. (20.14 miles @ 15.4mph)

No comments: