Monday, October 11, 2010

3.09 miles in 26'01"

it was a bit chilly when i started my run this morning. my legs were tingly with the cold until i started moving. then the frost melted away and i ran like the wind. i felt great and i ran hard for the first half of this run.

then a stupid dog came out of no where! grrrr! the little ankle-biter startled me and made my heart rate spike. his owner, a good friend, called him off, but it was too late. my good feelings were gone. i felt physically drained for the next 3/4 mile. ugh!

then the "alright" feeling came back and i picked my pace up again. i ran back up main and through a couple of zigs and zags to the corner of pine and vine, my finish line today.

i went inside, got ready for the day, then mapped my route. 3.09 miles! close enough to 5K for me to call it one. my time? 26'01"! a new PR for that distance. my best before this was around 27'00" when i was halfway done with the 10K i ran with ryan in haviland just over a week ago. yippee! take that, skinny kid!

No comments: