Wednesday, October 27, 2010

grade card

i took my bike into the shop for a little work yesterday and everything worked perfectly this morning. shifts were smooth. the chain was silent. the pedal spun around and around with little effort. bike: a+

the weather, however, was a little less than perfect. i don't believe i've ever felt so cold at 50 degrees. brrrrr! my fingers were close to numb by the end of my ride. my feet were chilled. weather: c-

i mentioned the trouble i'd been having with my bike computer while i was at the shop and my mechanic took a look. corrosion was covering the contacts, so he took a pocketknife and scraped it off. the little booger worked fine today though i couldn't see what it read very often. i had on dark gloves that don't reflect light backwards from my headlight very well and my headlight low battery indicator started flashing early on, so i rode without any lights for most of my ride. the moonlight and the white line on the side of the road were my guide. crazy, i know. unsafe. yeah. yeah. i actually enjoy a good ride by moonlight. it's peaceful. there's not much traffic on highway 160 until after 6:30, so i was fine. i just turned on the lights when i saw a car coming. accessories: b+

i met up with a skunk who trundled off into the ditch. i was chased by travis, evil dog's replacement on the other side of danville. i frightened a couple of raccoons who were messing around in the middle of the road. i didn't see any possums squished or unsquished. animal kingdom: a- (would've been higher if the stupid dog hadn't chased me.)

my legs were a bit sore and stiff at the beginning of the ride, but they loosened up. my heartrate and breathing stayed under control even when i had to stand to climb l'alpe d'anville with the wind in my face. body: a-

today is going to be a good day. why? because this is the day that the Lord has made. i will rejoice and be glad in it! day: a+ (23.63 miles @ 16.0mph

No comments: