Monday, October 25, 2010

Live by the Spirit...

How does one live the Christian life? How do you serve God faithfully?

These are two important questions with a profoundly simple answer: by the Spirit! By the Holy Spirit of God.

Ezekiel 36:26-27 sums it up: "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes."


Under the New Covenant, when we accept the salvation offered through Christ Jesus, we're given the Holy Spirit of promise. John 14:17 says, "He abides with you and will be in you." And when the Spirit comes to live in you, He'll cause you to walk in keeping with God's statutes. "When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth." (John 16:13)

Oh, beloved, Jesus has left us, but He has not left us without a Comforter, without a Guide, without an Enabler. Live His life in the strength of His Holy Spirit! Serve Him in His power.

- Kay Arthur, Search My Heart, O God, (Waterbrook Press, 1999) p. 327

No comments: