Wednesday, October 13, 2010

3.01 miles in 23'11"

53 doesn't feel too bad when you're on a bike with a long sleeve jersey, a windbreaker and tights. it feels down right chilly when you're wearing shorts and a long sleeve base layer readying yourself to run.

once my wife safely delivered to work, i wasted no time hitting the pavement. i had to run or i'd freeze my legs off. brrrrr.

i didn't have my mp3 player with me today, so i just tapped out my own rhythm on the streets. i felt great, so i played a nice disco beat with my toes as i dashed around town.

at the one mile mark i was at about 7'30". at two miles i was just over 15'26". i kept pushing it knowing that i was doing well and i felt invincible. so i ran north into a slight headwind, circled around a few blocks and returned to my starting point.

3.01 miles in 23'11"! woohoo! that's a minute per mile faster than i need to run to beat the skinny kid. unfortunately, i have to run more than twice as far as i did this morning. can i do it at this kind of pace? time will tell. i felt like i could keep going longer this morning. i just ran out of time.

No comments: