Wednesday, September 15, 2010

4.07 miles in 36'31"

take a look at the elevation chart and tell me railroad hill isn't a real hill. see that bump? look closely. i climbed up and over it twice. do you see it?

my only goal this morning was to run far enough to put me over the 50-mile mark for the month. i'm unofficially aiming for 100 miles in september, so getting to the halfway point seemed like a good idea.

i walked to the school with my wife and then took off in an entirely different direction than usual. i wanted to mix things up a bit. no sense getting into a rut.

i headed east and ran out to the easternmost edge of town where a no-longer-teaching-here math teacher built a brand new house a few years back. that street turned north and brought me out onto the highway where i headed back west. when i got to the new housing development, i circled through it and then back south on argonia road. a little jog west from there brought me to the botkin elevator road. i ran past the scales and around the main elevators before turning east for a bit to catch osage south.

from there i ran south to garfield where i reconnected and finished off my usual longer route south to the edge of town and back up to the north.

my plan was to stop at the school when i got back to my starting point, but didn't. i ran the four extra blocks back home giving me just over four miles. i only needed three, so i was pretty happy.

1 comment:

Brian Vinson said...

Nice job on the mileage!