Saturday, September 25, 2010

overslept and out of time

i didn't get to bed until 1:00 this morning because of a long and involved ems incident, so when i woke up at 5:15 i didn't get out of bed. i rolled over and went back to sleep. the next thing i knew it was 6:00 and my alarm was blaring, "get up! get up! get up!" annoying thing. i haven't slept till the crazy thing sounded reverie for ages.

so i got up and got dressed. "time for ten miles," i thought.

i got on my bike and rocketed out of my driveway. i was going to try for new times on the two time trial challenges i'm part of.

two miles out, i was pretty sure i wasn't going to break any land speed records. i was cranking for all i was worth and i wasn't even breaking 20mph. still, i pressed on.

when i passed the 7.2-mile mark, i hit the lap button on my watch. 22'15". no new time on bernard's challenge. i was three or four minutes off my best.

i hit ten miles and stopped the lap again. 31'33". not quite enough to beat my sub-30 post a few week's back on steve's 10-mile time trial challenge.

i still feel good about my results. i ended at 19.0mph, so i can't complain. (10.31 miles @ 19.0mph)

No comments: