Tuesday, September 7, 2010

a no-puke ride

it was great to be back in the saddle again after a few days off. i had a bit of trouble clipping in at the beginning of the ride, but after that minor delay i was fine.

i rode at about 80% on the way out, just getting my legs used to spinning again. i didn't want to overdo anything today since i'd puked on my run yesterday. nothing like a little vomit to ruin an otherwise pleasant workout.

i reached my planned turn around and still felt good, so i upped my effort a bit and continued on. i ended up riding two miles beyond where i was "supposed" to head back.

when i flipped around, i enjoyed a fairly strong tailwind all the way home. with a little effort, i was able to stay over 20mph most of the time. i even maintained speed up the hills.

i turned onto pine a few minutes later than i usually do, but i made it home in time to get breakfast on the table before my family started whining. (20.14 miles @ 18.3mph)

No comments: