Thursday, November 18, 2010

2.86 miles in 31'19"

had a great run with my wife this evening. she was a little nervous about the outdoor temps since it was a little on the chilly side at 43 degrees. fortunately, with basically no wind, it wasn't unbearably cold. by the end of the run, my skull cap was almost too much and my wife's hands had gotten toasty.

at the beginning of our workout, we walked two blocks north to warm up. we then started running a zig zag pattern on the north-south streets all the way across town. it was an interesting new route, great for keeping monotony at bay. it also avoided the worst of the flooded intersections left over after the rain earlier this week. we walked one block on vine about halfway through this workout, but that was all. the rest was steady, "not going to give up" running.

one week till our thanksgiving day 5K. i checked the site earlier today. there were 558 people signed up! my biggest race to date. it will be interesting to see how my speed stacks up against the 18 or so other runners in my men's 40-44 age group.

No comments: