Thursday, November 4, 2010

a little extra

the sun came up while i was eating breakfast and it got colder and windier. crazy weather! you never know what it's going to do. i even pulled on my balaclava for the first time in months. between that and my thermal gloves and shoe covers, i was toasty warm.

since it's a little embarassing for me to have less cycling miles in a week than running miles, i decided to get out again and add to my week's total. i thought i'd have time for ten miles after breakfast, but then my daughter remembered she had a little homework she hadn't finished and she needed a bit of help finding the information she needed on encyclopedia.com.

school work done, i headed out on the highway. i pushed harder than i did this morning, because i wanted to get in as many miles as i could. i thought i could still get in ten miles before work if i pedaled really hard. when i reached the base of drouhard hill, i realized i couldn't add another two miles, so i turned around and headed home.

my overall speed at the end of this ride was a little better than it's been any time this week and my legs didn't have a bit of trouble. they've recovered from monday's 50K quite nicely. they feel as normal as they can this time of year. on tuesday, i wasn't sure i would ever say that. (7.95 miles @ 16.6mph)

No comments: