Tuesday, November 9, 2010

4.15 miles in 38'03"

blah describes my feeling to a tee. blah legs. blah speed. blah everything. i walked up to the school with my wife and then ran around the section to the west of town. it was pretty windy, but the sunshine felt good.

i plodded along at the beginning, not a bit of pep in my legs. i ran past argonia mart, out onto the highway and then down w. 10th avenue. i hit the corner of 10th and blackstone, 1.22 miles from my starting point in 10'10".

i didn't feel like it, but i ran south for a mile on blackstone. the scenery was nice south of the railroad tracks, especially as i neared and ran past holden's nature center. enough leaves had fallen that i even caught a glimpse of the river. i covered that 1-mile side of the square in 9'20".

as soon as i turned onto w. 20th street, i had to climb two little hills. they probably don't even register on the elevation chart, but they're there. trust me. i hurt a bit as i climbed over them today. the downhill that followed was a little short, but most welcome. i ran on to the corner of main and 20th completing the mile long bottom side of my square in 9'45".

the remaining 0.93 or 0.94 miles were a little bit better. the wind was at my back, so i set the cruise control and ran as quickly as my tired legs would take me to the corner of pine and vine. i finished with a total time of 38'03", giving me a 9'10" per mile average. better than i expected, but nothing to write home about.

No comments: