Monday, November 8, 2010

they're after me!

don't know what it was about this morning, but i felt like i was riding in some sort of horror film. i was jumpy as all get out. noises that i'd normally ignore were reason for panic. jason's going to cut me! freddy's going to slice me up! hanibal's hungry!

then i remembered that i was fully-clothed and no one gets the knife in a horror flick unless their at least half naked. save the stray rabid st. bernard or the odd demon-possessed car, i was safe. when i realized this, i breathed a sigh of relief and rode on in the dark. alone. with no moonlight.

as for the actual riding, it was a good morning. i actually judged the schiozophrenic wind correctly and had it at my back (sort of) on the way home. my legs felt pretty good from the get go. i didn't work them especially hard, but they weren't allowed a day off either. i made them tap out a rhythm up and over hills. i practiced using the back of my stroke. clipless pedals are wonderful.

i guess in the end everything - except that horror film feeling - was good. i'm back now in my nice, well-lit house. i think i'll go take a shower...or maybe not. (22.16 miles @ 15.9mph)

No comments: