Monday, March 7, 2011

3.30 miles in 27:05

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/71777355

i woke up at 4:30 this morning thinking jon might be coming by at 5:30 for a run. since my alarm was going to go off at 5:00 anyway, i got up, shaved and then got dressed for running. while i was waiting for jon to maybe show up, i posted a long answer to today's dailymission question. i've learned lots of lessons the hard way, but the lesson i learned about heat and hydration was the most valuable lesson i thought i could pass along in a dramatic way. i'm all about drama, you know.

when jon didn't arrive at my doorsteps by 5:38, i pulled my jacket on and took off on a run. i didn't really have an idea of what i wanted to do, so i surprised myself with a jaunt around the extreme outskirts of town. i wasn't sure how long the run would be, only that it would be a bit over three miles.

i felt great throughout the run. never felt a bit of nausea. no other biological urges to contend with. i ran with my garmin on, but ignored it for the most part. i glanced at it once or twice to see what time it was, but didn't look at pace at all. it was nice to just run.

i completed my circumnavigation of argonia in less than a half hour and walked in the door just in time to see my daughters off to music contest. my wife and i are going to take that in today, so i'm looking forward to family time and some great music.

No comments: