Wednesday, March 2, 2011

multisport brick - part 2

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/70895774

since jon stood me up - had to wash his hair or something - i hit the road on my bike around 6:00 this morning. still super warm from my 2-mile run, i dressed lightly. big mistake. i did NOT wear enough layers and the gloves i chose were too thin for the conditions - 39F with a strong northeast wind. i froze to death for about 8 of the first 10 miles i rode. my fingers were in serious pain when i pulled into the driveway for breakfast.

after breakfast, i layered up and went out again. this time i was toasty and warm. the wind was just as bad, but i didn't care. i rode as far out as i dared considering the time i had, then raced back home. the wind was much more friendly at my back.

this was the first time i'd changed sports on my garmin without syncing it, so i learned all about how it manages multisport workouts. pretty interesting! (22.49 miles @ 14.9mph)

No comments: