Friday, March 25, 2011

7.10 miles in 1:02:40

connect.garmin.com/activity/74980017

i slept in again this morning. ain't it great to be on vacation? my legs felt pretty good, so i decided to run my 5K for the "round of 32" challenge. to make sure i did my very best, i went out for a little 2 mile warm up to get the lead out. ran slow and easy at first and pushed a bit more here and there. finished up the 2 miles dripping with sweat, feeling good.

connect.garmin.com/activity/74980011

i worked hard last week to put in enough miles to make it to the second round of dailymile's "march miles madness!" having made it in, the real challenge for me was to put in a fast enough 5K time to make it to the "sweet sixteen" challenge. this run was my first attempt at that and i finished pleased with my effort and my time. i blasted through my first mile in 7:10, slowed a little on each of the other miles and finished strong, pulling off a 7:38 average pace over the 3.1 mile course i took. that pace made this one of my fastest 5Ks ever! now i just have to rest overnight and maybe put in a second try tomorrow sometime.

connect.garmin.com/activity/74980006

after running one of my best 5Ks ever for the "round of 32" challenge, i had to cool down a bit. so i ran a nice and easy 2 miles around my scotty dog route. don't know how it happened, but the dog appears to be panting with his tongue sticking out. must've felt like i did after my hard effort.

No comments: