Thursday, August 19, 2010

3.29 miles in 41'30"

because my legs were toast after this morning's suffering on the bike and because saturday morning i plan to make my first attempt at actually running 10K, i decided to make today an easy day. i came home and noon to get ready to run. on my way to my bedroom to change i saw my eldest daughter and asked her to run with me.

"i'm too sore from volleyball practice, dad," she said.

"an easy run will help," i said. "go get your shoes on."

when i came out in my running gear, she was wearing her shoes. they're evil just like mine. they made her do it. grrrr.

to keep from overexerting, we decided to actually revert to the couch to 10K program and do the week 3, day 1 workout. we stretched a bit then walked for five minutes to warm up. from the end of the warm up to the start of the cool down we alternated between running three minutes and walking two. my daughter kept up with me pretty well for the first two sets. after that, she started to fade a bit. still she kept going. she never gave up.

after the sixth and final run, i asked her if she wanted to run some more. "today?!" was her alarmed response.

"sure," i said.

"no!" we walked home.

No comments: