Monday, August 2, 2010

bernard's evil challenge - 1

how hard could it be to ride 7.2 miles at max speed? when i asked myself that, i should've answered...TOO STINKING HARD FOR A BARELY AWAKE CYCLIST!! but i didn't. i said, not too hard and went for it after a 4.1 mile warm up.

i don't know if my route is as flat as bernard's east clinton road to state line along 9W, but it was pretty flat. i raced from huntley's driveway to just west of the top of bruce hill. i was not happy that i had miscalculated my ending point. i was not planning on an uphill finish. grrrr.

so i did it. 7.2 miles in 20'07.53". i'm in second place in bernard's evil challenge right now...mostly because bernard is the only other competitor who has posted a time. i'll go for it again in a week or two. i have to do my own 20 mile time trial challenge this month too. glad i have until october to best my time over 7.2 miles. (7.2 miles @ 21.5mph)

No comments: