Saturday, August 7, 2010

gooooooal!

my parents are at my sister's this weekend, so i decided to ride up to their house. i left around 10:00 and headed north after a quick stop at argonia mart for an energy drink. NOS is so awesome!

at first i thought i'd take it easy, but the wind was at my back and soon felt good enough to increase my speed. i switched my computer to average speed and watched the tenths add up. before i'd gone 15 miles, my average was over 20mph. that's when i decided my 22mph goal was within reach. i put the hammer down and pushed on.

north of suppesville, i encountered a few hills. i was concerned that they'd slow me, but i rocketed over them. at 48'14" my target speed was reached. all i needed to do was maintain or increase it over the next few miles. i was so excited when the next tenth came and i was pretty sure i wouldn't lose enough to drop below 22mph.

not only did i not drop, i gained three more tenths. i nearly screamed as my odometer turned over to 20 miles. what i thought impossible at the beginning of the year was possible. i did it! goooooooal!

No comments: