Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3.58 miles in 28'11"

i did it. i ran a little over 5K without stopping to walk. well, i did jog in place for a second or two waiting for a car to pass before i crossed the highway, but that hardly counts. i wasn't resting. when i wanted to stop at 11 minutes and at 14, i just repeated the words i posted earlier today. "the race is long and in the end it is only with yourself." (well, i didn't get it exactly right. i just told myself that the race was against myself. i could only win if my brain made my legs do what i wanted them to do.)

and look at my pace! i've taken more than three minutes off since i started three weeks ago! that's crazy! i'm progressing much more quickly than i expected i would. i'm pretty pleased. if i can run this pace for 10K by the end of october, i'll finish in 47'22", well ahead of the skinny kid. (i think i did the math right. check it if you like.)

can't wait for saturday now.

No comments: