Wednesday, February 9, 2011

1.90 miles in 19:42

i woke up this morning in a warm bed, in a warm house. why did i get up? why did i go out for a run in snow at times over ankle-deep? you drove me to it my dailymile friends. you! thanks! i had a blast!

i got to sleep in since i had no one to get out the door and off to school or work, so i wasn't suited up until after 6:45. then i spent a bunch of time looking for my garmin which i found in my coat pocket. strange things are afoot. i turned it on and let it search out satellites only to get a low battery indicator. i went back in the house and grabbed my regular watch and used it. dude, my 305, spent his morning quietly resting, recharging his batteries...literally.

i ran north first and and then after a couple of turns, i ran past Andrew K.'s house. from there, i hit main street. i had my video camera with me so i could share my run with you and bring out your inner child today (film in process), so i decided to run past my other running partner's house. he actually called me last night around 9:30 and told me that he didn't know if i was going to get out in this mess, but he wasn't. i waved at Jon M. (not on dailymile yet) as i ran past his place on plum.

the rest of the run was just running along enjoying the scenery and trying to stay upright. it wasn't too bad. a few slips here and there, but nothing scary. i'm back now. i've reported in. time for some food and some movie making. have a great day! don't forget to vote!

No comments: