Thursday, February 10, 2011

2.02 miles in 17:33

connect.garmin.com/activity/67544967

can you dress warmly enough to run outside when it's -14.2 degrees? yes. actually you can, assuming there's no wind. should you dress warmly enough and go out and run when it's -14.2 degrees? that, i suppose, is a matter of opinion. i say, yes!

that said, i did seriously consider the treadmill this morning. -14.2 degrees is really cold. if there had been a breath of wind, i would have pulled on shorts and run in the dungeon. thankfully, there was absolutely zero wind. still, i put off going out for quite some time, fooling around on dailymile. i looked through my 20 notifications. i posted my dailymission response of the day. i went over to Ann B.'s blog - www.annsrunningcommentary.com - and posted a comment there.

i finally looked at the clock at 5:45. time to put up or shut up. i put up. put up my mouse and put on my clothes. i was out the door by just after 6:00. i ran a weird route that kept me close to home. if i got really cold i didn't want to have far to go to get back inside.

my fingers and my eyelashes were the only body parts that had any problems. my fingers got really cold, really fast in my gloves. i remedied that by pulling them out of their fingers and balling them up in the palm of the glove. my thumbs complained a bit about being all alone, but they survived. whiners! i hate 'em! my eyelashes weren't really a problem in and of themselves. it's just that they collected the water that was coming from my tear ducts. collected water freezes pretty quickly when it's -14.2 degrees. still, i could see the entire time, so it's all good.

all in all, a good run. much faster than yesterday's deep snow adventure. i pulled on my yaktrax today and they performed beautifully on the crusty white stuff. no running partners, though. that would've made this a perfect day. anyone? anyone?

No comments: