Saturday, February 19, 2011

wildlife safari

connect.garmin.com/activity/68991242

i really want to get a long ride in some day. it's driving me nuts doing these little out and backs. i need a 50-miler or something. grrrr! i guess you do what you can. at least today's ride was interesting. around 3 or 4 miles out i encountered a skunk running the center line. i was running in the same direction as me, so i had to slow down until i was sure i could slip past with out an odor shower. then a few miles later, just before the 5-mile mark, a herd of deer crossed the road ahead of me. at 6 miles a small gray cat darted from one side of the highway to the other. probably headed out into the fields to hunt mice and cockroaches.

i rode on out to the top of nine-mile hill, then turned around. my average speed at that point was 15.5mph. not the best, but considering the strength of the southeast wind today, not bad. that same wind helped me get home in much less time. my average at the end...17.1mph.

all in all, i'm happy with the day's ride. the only thing that could've made it better? more! (18.06 miles @ 17.1mph)

No comments: